Twisted book opinions?

Tim Parkin tim at pollenation.net
Thu Feb 9 10:44:53 EST 2006

Andrew Gwozdziewycz wrote:
>>What I'd really like now is a 'Web Application Development with
>>Twisted/Nevow' book that takes off where this 'network protocol'
>>oriented book leaves off.
>

> I thought the O'Reilly book was pretty decent at describing how to
> setup a web application. It's not entirely complete, but I was able to
> piece together an application with a somewhat complex web application
> on top of it. Twisted made it quite easy.

OK perhaps I wasn't as clear as I could have been. It discusses the use
of Twisted with web protocols but doesn't really go into the current,
recommended way to build web applications (because at the time of
writing the possibility of api changes for nevow/twistedweb2 was quite
high?). In fact it does say in the book that "..if you are really
interested in building a web application you should be using nevow.. "
(paraphrased).

Tim Parkin