Python vs C for a mail server

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Wed Feb 1 15:31:46 EST 2006

In article <1138819666.521465.108000 at o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
 "Randall Parker" <techiepundit at futurepundit.com> wrote:
> More generally: One must keep in mind that advantages and disadvantages
> of specific implementations of language concepts are not always
> indications of flaws in those concepts.

Sure.  And of course, the nominal topic wasn't really the
concepts, but more about two actual languages, so in that
respect my point was a little off base - it's only germane
to the little religious war that usually comes along at
this point.  The endlessly rehashed arguments in that context
should be about whether you can test everything, whether
types convey semantics, etc.  Let us forget about whether
explicit typing is too much overhead, since it isn't required
in principle.

   Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu