spaces at ends of filenames or directory names on Win32

rtilley rtilley at vt.edu
Tue Feb 28 08:31:42 EST 2006

mensanator at aol.com wrote:
> It works for me.

Right. I've found that it's not just the end spaces. The Macs somehow
copy these files and folders to the PCs without a security descriptor of
any type! When I goto the folder's properties, I see three tabs:

1. General
2. Web Sharing
3. Customize

They lack the 'Sharing' and 'Security' tabs. The filesystem is NTFS.
This explains a lot, but I'm still at a loss on how to fix it. It's also
getting too off-topic for this list, so I'll leave you guys alone. I'll
work it out somehow.

Many Thanks for all the tips,
Brad