ANN: Release of NumPy 0.9.5

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Feb 17 05:19:03 EST 2006

Thomas Gellekum wrote:
> "Travis E. Oliphant" <oliphant.travis at ieee.org> writes:
>

>>  -  Improvements to numpy.distutils
>

> Stupid questions: is it really necessary to keep your own copy of
> distutils and even install it? What's wrong with the version in the
> Python distribution? How can I disable the colorized output to get
> something more readable than yellow on white (well, seashell1)?

Yes --- distutils does not provide enough functionality.

Besides, it's not a *copy* of distutils.  It's enhancements to
distutils.  It builds on top of standard distutils.

I don't know the answer to the colorized output question.  Please post
to numpy-discussions at lists.sourceforge.net to get more help and/or make
suggestions.

-Travis