cgi - secure sessions

Paul Rubin http
Wed Feb 1 20:52:03 EST 2006

"GazaM" <infini.g at gmail.com> writes:
> there will display a login form. Now, the big showstopper here is that,
> because session cookies are stored in http headers sent by the client
> (afaik) the cgi script can't get any, because the http headers are
> passed onto the html file and any cgi scripts inside don't get
> anything... is there a workaround possible?

Usually the httpd (i.e. web server) saves the cookie data as
environment variables that the cgi can see.  What httpd are you using?
"Server side includes" used to mean something specific, a very old
dynamic html scheme that nobody uses much any more.  I'm presuming
your cgi is written in Python.  Have you looked at the cgi module docs?