Learning Python

Xavier Morel xavier.morel at masklinn.net
Sun Feb 5 12:22:41 EST 2006

Byte wrote:
> Assumption. Im also new to programing, so could do something stupid
> like think a Windows path is a command/input/etc. (really, ive done
> things like that before.)

Don't assume anything when you have no reason to, and especially don't
assume that a cross-platform programming language behaves differently
from a platform to another, especially on built-in basic functions

> Now, im running this on a terminal, but am acctually writing my scripts
> in a text editor. How can I get a script to do a sum with the editor?
> e.g. it asks for a sum, then does it etc.

parse the expression, extract the operands and the operation, apply the
operation to the operands (are you trying to code a calculator?)