Using ElementTree to tidy up an XML string to my liking

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Fri Feb 24 15:39:23 EST 2006

peterbe at gmail.com wrote:
> Yes I am but, I'm using a DOM Serializer in Firefox which for some
> reason turns myCamelNames into MYCAMELNAMES for the nodenames. I'll
> therefore need to control the case-spelling of these things as I'm
> formatting the XML string.

I am almost certain there is something wrong you are doing in Mozilla if
that is happening. My first guess is that you are really doing HTML even
thought you think you are doing XML, and therefore Mozilla converts your
stuff to uppercase. Without seeing the source it is hard to say. I would
advice you write to the Mozilla forums for advice on that.

--
  Heikki Toivonen