mimicing pg 398 of practical python

MARK LEEDS markleeds at verizon.net
Sat Feb 25 01:00:26 EST 2006

I am trying to duplicate the sunspots graph on page 398 of Practical Python. I don''t
have those reportlab modules so i downloaded them from their website  and tried to put them somewhere
( not clear where i should  put them ) and then i added that place to my sys.path
by doig sys.path.append inside the same program. but, i still got the error that
it doesn't know about thsis module ?

does anyone have really good directions on how to download the reportlab stuff
so that it works. the book, practical python is amazing but this part is a little
unclear. thanks a lot.

or maybe thre is an easier graphics package to use that is already inside python.
i'm a beginner. thanks.

                                                            mark