ANN: pyfuncgen

Bill Scherer scherbi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 20:38:34 EST 2006

Hello -

I'm pleased to announce my first sourceforge project, pyfuncgen.

pyfuncgen is a virtual Function Generator. I've created it to assist me with
some tube audio amplifier testing.
Currently it generates sine, square, and sawtooth waveforms. A gui (pyqt)
and a cli are included.
The cli depends only upon stdlib components. One of them you may or may not
have is ossaudiodev,
so this release(0.3) will likely only run on Linux or FreeBSD.

I invite you to try it out and send feedback.
Please note that the audio device is currently hardcoded to /dev/dsp1, so
you may need to edit that for your particular hardware setup.

I am also looking for some help from interested parties; see the NOTES file
for more info.

You can find it here:
    http://pyfuncgen.sourceforge.net

Thanks!