Embedding an Application in a Web browser

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Wed Feb 15 11:41:51 EST 2006

bruno at modulix wrote:
> rodmc wrote:
>
>>Is it possible to embed a Python application within Internet explorer?
>
> No. Nor in any other browser (except from Grail, but I think this
> doesn't count).

This is simply not true!

Python can work as a Windows scripting language just as VB Script.
That means that IE can use Python just as it can use JScript or
VB Script for client side scripting in the browser.

For instance, see here:

Another issue is whether this was advisable from a security point
of view... Python isn't written to be safe. I don't want Python
client side scripting enabled in my browser... (Not that I use
IE when I can avoid it...)