Compiling

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Sun Feb 5 08:31:29 EST 2006

Simon Faulkner wrote:
> Pardon me if this has been done to death but I can't find a simple
> explanation.
>
> I love Python for it's ease and speed of development especially for the
> "Programming Challenged" like me but why hasn't someone written a
> compiler for Python?
>
> I guess it's not that simple eh?

In case you really just want to run your Python programs
on computers without Python installed, there are several
tools that will create a myprogram.exe from your myprogram.py.
These tools don't make machinecode executables. Instead, they
basically bundle python.exe, your program and whatever is
needed into an single .exe-file.

Google for e.g. py2exe or cx_freeze.