[ANN] functional 0.5 released

Collin Winter collinw at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 01:06:32 EST 2006

On 2/11/06, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just installed from .tar.gz on fedora FC5 x86_64.  I ran into 1 small
> problem:

[snip]
> Because this distribution was installed --multi-version or --install-dir,
> before you can import modules from this package in an application, you
> will need to 'import pkg_resources' and then use a 'require()' call
> similar to one of these examples, in order to select the desired version:
>
>     pkg_resources.require("functional")  # latest installed version
>     pkg_resources.require("functional==0.5")  # this exact version
>     pkg_resources.require("functional>=0.5")  # this version or higher
>
> Processing dependencies for functional==0.5
>
> What's all this about multi-version?  Did I do something wrong?

I've tried installing the package in all sorts of ways and haven't
been able to reproduce this problem. I'm guessing that somewhere in
your setuptools configuration, however, that there's a config file
passing --multi-version or --install-dir without your knowledge. Do
you get this same message when installing other Python packages?

Thanks,
Collin Winter