triple quoted strings as comments

Volker Grabsch volker_grabsch at v.notjusthosting.com
Mon Feb 6 07:53:53 EST 2006

Jorgen Grahn wrote:
>>> [...] developer had
>>> commented out about 50 lines of C++ code by just putting a /* at the top
>>> and a */ at the bottom.
[...]
> ("#if 0" in C and C++ are better choices, but only marginally. Best is to
> remove the code unless you are sure it's needed again soon. Works in all
> languages.)

However, I'd only advise to do this if you are using a revision control.
Otherwise, you'll end up having a lot of "backup" files hanging around
which are even worse than multi-row comments. Or, even worse: If you
don't create backup files before removing code ...

Greets,

	Volker

--
Volker Grabsch