a little more help with python server-side scripting

Thu Feb 23 15:24:41 EST 2006

John Salerno wrote:

> Unfortunately, I don't completely understand what it is I need to do
> now. Where do I put the path they mentioned? And what do they mean by my
> script path?

Ok, seems like the verdict is that the server doesn't have mod_python
nor does it detect the .psp extension. It can, however, detect the .py
extension. But does this mean I can simply include Python code in my
HTML files, and then give my HTML files a .py extension? I don't know
how to test this because I don't know how to write inline code yet. Is
it something like:

<%@ include file=something %>

? They say:

"Please note that you may map .py to .html extension. However, if you
set this mapping, .html will not work with the normal html tags anymore."

But I don't know what this means about 'mapping' the extension and what
it means that html tags won't work anymore.