Exiting os.spawnv's subroutine

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 17 19:12:10 EST 2006

In article <1140215299.383562.57250 at g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 "IamIan" <iansan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using os.spawnv in Python 2.1 to do some geoprocessing in a
> subroutine/process. Everything works great, except when the processing
> is done the subroutine just waits for a couple minutes before closing
> itself and returning to the main script. I have tried using sys.exit()
> and exit() but these aren't doing anything.
>
> What is the proper way to terminate this subroutine upon completion,
> rather than waiting? Thank you.

Your description is a little ambiguous, but my guess is your
process just isn't done when you think it is.   It's flushing
data to disk or something like that.  Or it could be something
else.  Why don't you write a sample program that works like
this, and demonstrates the problem, and then we'll know.

   Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu