Replacing curses

Ross Ridge rridge at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Feb 9 10:25:37 EST 2006

Ian Ward wrote:
> I'll have to deal with that anyway, since I'm doing all my own wrapping,
> justification and clipping of text.

In general it's impossible to know how many display positions some
random Unicode character might use.  For example, Chinese characters
normally take two display positions, but the terminal your using might
not support them and display a single width replacement character.
Hopefully, you're limitted in the character set you actually need to
support and the terminals that your applicaiton will be using.