Is inifinite loop not a good practice?

Alvin A. Delagon adelagon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 10:25:28 EST 2006

Greetings,

I have to write a python script that would continously monitor and
process a queue database. Once the script sees an unprocessed record it
will create a thread to process it otherwise it will do nothing. I've
been planning to do an infinite loop within the script to do this but
I've been hearing comments that infinite loop is a bad programming
practice. I'm opted to run the script via crontab but I consider it as
my last resort. Do you have any suggestions on the design? Thanks in
advance!