using an existing DLL file without having access to the source code?

Dieter Vanderelst dieter.vanderelst at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 13:50:43 EST 2006

Dear all,

Could anybody tell me whether there are ways to use an existing DLL file
in Python without having access to the source code?

I'm trying to find a way to use the image filters available in the
Filters-project (http://filters.sourceforge.net/) without having to
compile or build the DLL myself, which is according to the authors very
hard.

I have quite some experience with Python itself, but I'm not really
familiar with extending/embedding Python, please bare that in mind when
responding :).

With kind regards,
Dieter