Optimize flag question

Olivier Langlois olanglois at quazal.com
Fri Feb 24 18:10:43 EST 2006

Hi,

This is my first post on the list. I played with the -O flag option and
I found the hard way that it was breaking the scripts I am using because
they rely on the assert statement that the optimize flag remove. From
there, I tried to find more information on the effect that this flag has
on scripts but I have not found much...

So my question is: what are the 'optimizations' that the Python
interpreter is doing when you specify the optimize flag and is there
anything I should be cautious about when using it?

Thank you,

Olivier Langlois

http://www.quazal.com <http://www.quazal.com/>