perform dynamic tasks for C/C++/ObjC programs

YL elim.qiu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 11:53:14 EST 2006

I'm working on an expert system that allows dynamic updating of
expert's knowledge and logics. I use database to store the info about
how to evaluate user's responses to questionnaires. The core table
called EvaluationPoint whose records have
attributes(evaluation_point_id,questionnaire_id,pattern_id,config,status,...)

Once a record in table EvaluationPoint been fetched, it becomes an
object of class EvaluationPoint with virtual sub-type according to its
pattern specified by pattern_id. Where certain evaluation
pattern/procedure is defined (EvaluationPattern data are also
persistently stored in database for runtime management).

Each instance of EvaluationPoint's config value contains the parameters
etc. necessary to obtain the exact logic/procedure from its pattern.
EvaluationPoint and EvaluationPattern are managed by people who have
certain participations to the system and data.

My app is writtern in ObjC running on win2k. As compiled language,
there are limited flexibilities to handle dynamic logics/procedures. So
I'm thinking about store python code in my config value of
EvaluationPoint records whenever needed, and let python handle the
dynamic behavior of evaluationPoints.

I don't know if this make sense at all but if you have ideas or
examples about how to interact python from within C/C++/ObjC, please
advise me. Thanks a lot!