would it be feasable to write python DJing software

Ivan Voras ivoras at __-fer.hr-__
Thu Feb 2 20:35:56 EST 2006

Levi Campbell wrote:
> Hi, I'm thinking about writing a system for DJing in python, but I'm
> not sure if Python is fast enough to handle the realtime audio needed
> for DJing, could a guru shed some light on this subject and tell me if
> this is doable or if I'm out of my fscking mind?

Any and all mixing would probably happen in some sort of multimedia
library written in C (it would be both clumsy to program and slow to
execute if the calculations of raw samples/bytes were done in python) so
there shouldn't be a noticable performance hit.