Jython inherit from Java class

Mark Fink mark at mark-fink.de
Sat Feb 11 03:36:52 EST 2006

Please enlighten me. This seemed so easy yust inherit from a Java class
overwrite one method - done. At the moment I do not know how to proceed
:-((
Jython or jythonc?
==================
In general is it better to run programms with the jython interpreter or
is it better to compile them first? I had the impression that the
inheritance does not work with the interpreter. Is that right?

2.1 or 2.2a
===========
The programm did not compile with the 2.1 version and Java 1.5. But
with 2.2a it compiled but 2.2a is an alpha version. Assuming the
programm would compile with the Java 1.4 version would it be better
(saver, more stable, performance) to use 2.1 or 2.2a?

Inherit from java baseclass or reimplement the whole thing in jython?
All the problems with Jython stated when I wanted to inherit from a
Java baseclass. I wounder if I would have more success when
implementing it in pure Jython. Regarding the inheritance I had an
empty wrapper arround the Java baseclass and 70% of the unit test
passed. But the performance was ~ factor 10 slower than using the base
class directly. Does this mean that there is overhead with the
inheritanc construct and that this implementation path would always be
so slow. On the other hand would a 100% Jython solution be faster?

Mark