What are COM-enabled applications?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Fri Feb 24 15:08:02 EST 2006

In article <Xns9772C3EDC53E2duncanbooth at 127.0.0.1>,
Duncan Booth  <duncan.booth at suttoncourtenay.org.uk> wrote:
>Cameron Laird wrote:
>
>> Python has good COM abilities.  While, to my surprise, I just
>> realized that I'm unaware of anyone having put together a COM
>> "explorer" with Python, it would be a straightforward project.
>
>Don't the tools that come with Python's COM support do enough for you?
>
>...\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\combrowse.py for example. (Or inside
>PythonWin it is on the Tools menu).

I was quibbling about the difference between a polished application
and a toolkit; please, I don't want anyone to think that I AT ALL
disparage the achievement of win32.

Another recommendation for the original poster:  <URL:
http://www.python.org/windows/win32com/QuickStartClientCom.html >.