Print a PDF transparently

Daniel Crespo dcrespo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 09:02:35 EST 2006

Hi to all,

I want to print a PDF right from my python app transparently. With
"transparently" I mean that no matter what program handles the print
petition, the user shouldn't be noticed about it.

For example, when I want to print a PDF, Adobe Acrobat fires and keep
opened. This is what I don't want to happen (and I thing there are a
lot of people who want this too). So I just want to send the PDF to the
right handler and print it. That's all.

I've seen some things like Adobe's Postscript driver that can read a
PDF, or Ghostscript, but I still don't know how to use it.

Any help for printing a PDF transparently?

Thank you

Daniel