Kill forked processes

kmkz kmkz89 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 20:54:25 EST 2006

Thank you for your reply. I will certainly look into those.

Another question:

Lets say my script A executes two other scripts, B and C. B is a Python
file compiled into an exe and uses the regular black box. C, however,
is a C++ program that I did not write, and have no access to (besides
executing it. ie, i don't have its source). I would like to fork off
the process B and C from A, but make B and C invisible and unable to be
shut down by the user. This way, they have to kill process A.
Unfortunately, this brings me back to the problem I posted above: how
to make the subprocesses dependant on its parent process. Since I have
no access to the C++ program's source I need to come up with a better
way of forcing the OS to "see" process B as being inside of process C
and then shut it down, deallocate its memory, close its pipes, etc...

Any ideas?

I'll be willing to PayPal $10 to anyone who completely figures this out
for me :)