Video Capture modules in linux

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Tue Feb 21 13:04:35 EST 2006

sudharsh at gmail.com wrote:

> well wht can i say it simply refuses to compile...i m getting make
> errors. i think the culprit is the gcc-4.0..secondly i havent had a
> chance to really try it out..aneways does libfg manipulate inputs from
> webcams..like VideoCapture modules ..also i think libfg is mainly for C
> although a module for python exists..forgive me i m a real newbie..

So it's far from not being useful. And a pure python video capture lib is
unlikely to happen - for various reasons, not the least being that there
are plenty of data to shuffle around in video grabbing. So - that _is_ a
C-domain.

I suggest you try getting libfg to run, probably by using you distro's
package management.

Diez