psycopg2

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Thu Feb 2 09:09:15 EST 2006

Jane Goldman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I bigginer Python programmer. I am working on web application that
> access PostgreSQL on backend. After I imported PSYCOPG2 module in my
> program I started to get unwanded debug output into my web bowser. It is
> something like that:
>
> initpsycopg: initializing psycopg 2.0b6.2 (dec dt ext pq3)
> typecast_init: initializing NUMBER typecast_new: new type at = 00962920,
> refcnt = 1 typecast_new: typecast object created at 00962920
> typecast_add: object at 00962920, values refcnt = 2 typecast_add: adding
> val: 20 typecast_add: adding val: 23 typecast_add: adding val: 21
> typecast_add: adding val: 701 typecast_add: adding val: 700
> typecast_add: adding val: 1700 typecast_add: base caster: 00000000
> typecast_init: initializing LONGINTEGER typecast_new: new type at =
> 00962960, refcnt = 1 typecast_new: typecast object created at 00962960
> typecast_add: object at 00962960, values refcnt = 2 typecast_add:
>
> and so on ...
>
> I use Cheetah template to generate HTML code. I run Active python 2.4 in
> Windows XP enviroment.
>
> Any help how to stop get this garbage in my web browser would be highly
> appreciated.

It looks you installed a version that has the PSYCOPG_DEBUG flag turned
on. That flag causes psycopg2 to emit gobs of useless information ;-).

I would recommend downloading the latest beta release from
http://initd.org/. Alternatively you can remove the PSYCOPG_DEBUG from
setup.cfg in the version you already have and reinstall.

Hope this helps.

- Matt

--
     __
    /  \__     Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
  __/  \__/    e: matt at pollenation.net
 /  \__/  \    t: +44 (0)113 2252500
 /  \          Any views expressed are my own and do not necessarily
 \__/          reflect the views of my employer.