Pyserial never read

luca72 lucaberto at libero.it
Thu Feb 23 08:10:56 EST 2006

Hello
  ALSO... YOU NEVER SPECIFY A VARIABLE TO RECEIVE THE DATA -- ANYTHING
YOU DO READ IS BEING DUMPED ON THE FLOOR!

I see the read data with a sniffer.

with the same serial caracteristic in delphi i obtain the right answer.

I use serial writestr and serial readstr.

If the serial package is anything like regular file I/O, that
line will buffer/block until a new-line character is received, then
return data upto/including the new-line. If the inbound data has
multiple lines, you need individual readlines.

For example i i send D0360000EC the right answer is
D0360000EC0000FFBC35DC44 etc...
i need new Line?

why if i use ser.read(10) i see only the first 5 byte and not the rest,
why if i use the inwaigth i answer that i have only 5 byte to read.

Regards

Luca