Dual Core outlook

malv malvert at telenet.be
Wed Feb 8 14:02:33 EST 2006

Hi All,
Thank you for your commentaries.
In the meantime, I read up in Python-Dev and came across a post by
Johnatan LaCour which kind of nicely sums up the state of affairs:
"Its really a shame.  There seems to be some consensus about
multi-processing, but not a whole lot of interest in making it easier
out of the box.  When it comes to multi-processing, batteries really
_aren't_ included.  Sure, you have lead dioxide and some sulphuric
acid, but you have to put them together to make your battery.  This
isn't the end of the world, but I find it tedious, and I am sure it
confuses and frustrates people new to Python."
Possibly things are not much brighter for other languages.

I'll keep on trying
malv