Best way of finding terminal width/height?

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 6 17:46:17 EST 2006

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 15:17:43 -0000, Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> wrote:
> On 2006-02-06, Joel Hedlund <joel.hedlund at gmail.com> wrote:

[finding the terminal dimensions]

>> access to the termios module either. So, in the latter case
>> I'm back to square one, which is arbitrary guesswork.
>
> Yes, that's probably true.  In that case, most people assume
> 80x24.

And, I might add, as a Unix user that is what I expect programmers to do --
stick to 80x24 or 80 x any-height-they-need. If it's not a full-screen
program (which would use curses anyway), I don't expect them to work harder
than that.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.dyndns.org>  R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!