Installing python on lynxOS

Bryce Cooper bryce.cooper at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 13:29:52 EST 2006

I'm trying to install python2.4.2 onto lynxOS 4.0.0. with gcc 2.95.3.  I was
wondering if anyone who has done this before could give me some pointers.

I'm currently getting the following error when running make:

    gcc -o python Module/python.o libpython2.4.a -lsocket -lm
    called2:ld returned 1 exit status
    libpython2.4.a(pystate.o):In function 'PyThreadState_New':
Python2.4.2/pystate.c:191:
undefined reference to '_PyGILState_NoteThreadState'
    called2:ld returned 1 exit status

I checked pystate.c and the function _PyGILState_NoteThreadState is defined
in the file, so I'm a bit lost here.

--
Bryce