Tkinter / Aqua (OS X) question (canvas borders)

Dave Opstad dave.opstad at monotypeimaging.com
Mon Feb 20 11:42:51 EST 2006

In article <1140295255.361958.82510 at o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
 "dmsbox2000-list1 at yahoo.com" <dstark7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> There appears to be an asymmetric "border"
> around the inside of the canvas.

There was a thread on this last May (you can search for the thread
titled "Unusable outer edge of Tkinter canvases?")

Fredrik Lundh suggested resetting the coordinate system via:

w.xview_moveto(0)
w.yview_moveto(0)

This seemed to help, but in the end it still seems that there's a narrow
border inside the edges of a Canvas which can't be drawn to. And it
seems to be different for OS X and Windows.

In the end I just made sure everything I draw is no closer than 5 pixels
from the edge of the Canvas, and that seems to work on all the platforms
I'm deploying on.

Dave Opstad