Is python very slow compared to C

PA petite.abeille at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 11:44:50 EST 2006

On Feb 12, 2006, at 16:11, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> availability of skilled programmers is absolutely critical for the use
> of a language.

By that measure, we should all be using Java, no?

"TIOBE Programming Community Index"
http://www.tiobe.com/tpci.htm

> By comparison, even Forth gives 13 million plus hits, and who uses
> Forth?

Anyone writing in English:

http://www.answers.com/forth&r=67

> Lua appears to be *too* lightweight, without even classes or
> inheritance,

Programming in Lua
Object-Oriented Programming
http://www.lua.org/pil/16.html

> and a single data type where Python has dicts, sets, tuples and lists.

"Lua gives you the power; you build the mechanisms."
-- Roberto Ierusalimschy, "Programming in Lua", December 2003
http://www.lua.org/pil/12.1.2.html

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay