Tkinter Event Binding Double-click

Tuvas tuvas21 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 15:48:06 EST 2006

I am trying to execute a function with a tkinter event binding double
click. With 2 mouse clicks done quickly, the function should happen,
otherwise, it should not. However, I am noticing that the time that the
event binding of a double-click is quite long, on the order of a second
or so. I am double-clicking twice in a second, and the function is
being executed 3 times, and not just 2. I want to know, is this
controlled by the OS, or by Tkinter? And if by tkinter, is there a way
to change it, and how so? Thanks!