Importing a class, please help...

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 5 12:33:54 EST 2006

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 17:16:38 +0100, Xavier Morel <xavier.morel at masklinn.net> wrote:
> anon wrote:
>> Would somebody please drop me a hint, please?
>>
> Yeah, the definition of "JAR" is Java ARchive, why the hell would a
> Python script be able to read a JAR in the first place

You are rude to an obvious newbie here ... please keep in mind that today's
stupid newbies are tomorrow's Python professionals.

> If you want to use Java classes and modules in a Pythonic context, you
> want Jython (http://www.jython.org/) not Python (http://www.python.org/)

Maybe he /is/ running Jython and failed to explain that properly? If I
understand things correctly, jar files are not tied to Java but to the java
bytecode format -- which Java and Jython share.

In either case, we'd need more information from the original poster.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.dyndns.org>  R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!