Accessing Windows Serial Port

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Feb 6 15:56:42 EST 2006

On 2006-02-06, George T. <georgetoffer1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I need to access the serial port via python on a windows machine.
> Reading on the web, there are three solutions:  pyserial, siomodule and
> USPP.

You can also just use win32 stuff directly (CreateFile et al).

> pyserial seems to be the best option since the other two are
> tested with Windows 95 and older versions of python.  Would you agree
> with this or have I missed an option?

I've used PySerial and win32 system calls.  I've never used the
other two.  Try pyserial first.  If you need lower level
control than that gives you, use win32 calls.

http://pyserial.sourceforge.net/

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Is this "BOOZE"?
                                  at