how to remove <BR> using replace function?

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Feb 9 07:59:19 EST 2006

Duncan Booth  <duncan.booth at suttoncourtenay.org.uk> wrote:
>Although I generally advise against overuse of regular expressions, this is
>one situation where regular expressions might be useful: [ ... ]

Agreed (on both counts), but r'\s*<br.*?>\s*' might be better
(consider what happens with "an unfortunate... <br> in the middle"
if you use \W rather than \s).

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"