Python vs. Lisp -- please explain

Luis M. González luismgz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 13:36:04 EST 2006

Carl Friedrich Bolz wrote:
> Paul Rubin wrote:
> Well. "... the PyPy team works on ..." is definitively much too strong.
> It is more like "... the PyPy team is thinking about ...". It is very
> unclear whether it will work on a technical level and whether the EU
> will allow us to allocate resources accordingly.

In this thread
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/5132f0d48c9e7be9
Christian Tismer said that he would work on this, even if this is not
pursued by the Pypy team, because he has personal reasons for doing it.

So I'm confident that sooner or later, it will be possible to create
extension modules written in Rpython.