Encoding

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Feb 13 13:34:37 EST 2006

Lad wrote:
> I have a script that uses utf-8 encoding. Now I would like to send some
> data to an application ( on another server) that uses 1250 encoding.
> How can I tell the server that the coming data will be in utf-8 code?

You can't, normally. In theory, you should put

into the individual *part*. However, many implementations will ignore
the charset= argument on a part.

Instead, the convention is that the data must be transmitted in the
encoding of the *HTML page* which contained the form you are submitting.

So most likely, you need to recode your data.

Regards,
Martin