Python, Forms, Databases

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Wed Feb 15 17:05:34 EST 2006

On 15 Feb 2006 11:13:08 -0800
"Tempo" <bradfordh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Pyton and ASP together. The next solution I stumbled upon
> was to use Zope. However, I wasn't sure if I should spend
> more of my time looking into this or not, and I found a
> possible way around this, which is by using the CGI
> module.

CGI, "ick!" :-P

Zope, "mmm" :-)

Actually, it's a bit of a pain to get Zope installed on your
server (or conversely, to get a server you're allowed to put
Zope on).  But if you're willing to do that, it is going to
be *so* much easier to manage.

*If* you can do that, then it's a really simple way
to do what you want. This kind of thing is child's play once
you have a Zope site set up (you'll have to install a MySQL
Zope product, and possibly some helpful Zope products for
managing forms, if you don't want to do it the old-fashioned
way -- after that though, it's just
"throught-the-web" scripting).

But Zope is kind of a culture onto itself, so you may not
necessarily want to buy into it, if you don't do this kind
of thing often.

Just my two cents, of course,
Terry