Python and ASP

Tempo bradfordh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 18:02:17 EST 2006

I recently uploaded a sample ASP-Python page to my web server and it
didn't show up correctly. Before I explain what it did, I should
mention that I got the same result when I tried to view the page from
my desktop (winxp user). So when I tried to view the sample ASP with
Python page from my desktop and web server, all that showed up was the
source code. I'm not sure exactly what this means since I know that
python 2.4 is installed on my computer and the ASP page still didn't
show up correctly. Here's the sample ASP-Python code, courtesy of
http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/082201-1.shtml :

<head>
	<title>ASP-Python Test Page</title>
</head>
<%@ Language=Python %>
<%
  Response.Write("Python lives in the ASP delimeters!")
%>

<script language="Python">
document.write("Python's throwing a party on the client-side!")
</script>

<script language="Python" runat="server">
Response.Write("Python gets ready to rumble inside a server-side
scripting block!")
</script>

Any ideas about what I am doing wrong? Thanks.