Python - python-list

gilcneth (sent by Nabble.com) lists at nabble.com
Fri Feb 3 14:31:14 EST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to automate my personal website logons and recently discovered cPamie, which looks like it may be a very handy tool indeed.

But, so far, I have not had any luck using it for website logons.  This may or may not be a cPamie issue, so please bear with me.

The site I am trying to log on to automatically displays my username, but I must feed it my password in order to log on.  No problem.  I can get my password in the textbox, just fine.  Where I have problems, however, is with the invocation of the log on itself.

I am no HTML guru and am much more familiar with Python than any of the more accepted web languages, but I can read it well enough to sort of partially diagnose the problem.  It appears that the buttonname itself is hidden--which means (I think) that I cannot call a method requiring the input of a buttonname.

I have tried a number of methods from cPamie in order to try to log on, in lieu of the buttonname, but so far I have been unsuccessful.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

(Incidently, I can log on by pressing the button with my mouse, but it is key and mouse strokes I am trying to eliminate, of course)

Thanking you in advance,

Chris N.