Module written in C does not repond to Ctrl-C interruption.

Bo Peng bpeng at rice.edu
Fri Feb 24 10:59:15 EST 2006

Dear list,

I have not done a thorough test, but it occurs to me that

1. python code can be interrupted by Ctrl-C.
2. A C module, if I add a main() function and run independently, can be
interrupted by Ctrl-C.
3. If I load the C module in python and run, the program will not
respond to Ctrl-C interruption. I have to kill python explicitly.

If this is a known behavior or just a special case of mine? Any fix to
it? I am using python 2.3.4 under Redhat EL4 with gcc 3.3.4.

Many thanks in advance.
Bo