Twisted book opinions?

Jay Parlar jparlar at cogeco.ca
Thu Feb 9 00:36:31 EST 2006

I was hoping to get some c.l.p. opinions on O'Reilly's new Twisted book.

I'm coming at Twisted as someone who's been programming mainly in
Python for almost 6 years now, but who's never done any Twisted
development. I've used some of its prepackaged libraries before (and
did some custom tweaks to TwistedSNMP), but I don't really know much at
all about Twisted fundamentals.

The few reviews on Amazon seem to imply that it's more of a cookbook.
Would I be better off, for now, trying to get what I can from the
twistedmatrix.com docs, and then move to the book when I'm comfortable
with the basics? Or would the fact that I'm already pretty strong in
Python be enough that I could start with the book?

I considered posting this to the Twisted list instead, but thought I'd
try somewhere a little more impartial :)

Thanks in advance,
JayP.