Python vs. Lisp -- please explain

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Mon Feb 20 12:08:02 EST 2006

In article <yfsbqx3ov29.fsf at oc.ex.ac.uk>,
Alexander Schmolck  <a.schmolck at gmail.com> wrote:
			.
>However I don't find it at all implausible to assume that had Guido known all
>the stuff that say, David Ungar and Guy Steele were aware of at the same time,
>python would have come out not necessarily less dynamic but considerably
>faster -- to its own detriment.
>
>'as

Alexander, you've lost me.  I *think* you're proposing that,
were Guido more knowledgeable, he would have created a Python
language that's roughly as we know now, implemented it with
FASTER software ... and "to its own detriment".  Do you truly
believe that fewer people would use Python if its execution
were faster?