Best way of finding terminal width/height?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Feb 15 11:13:08 EST 2006

On 2006-02-15, Joel Hedlund <joel.hedlund at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sure.  I was going to do that yesterday, but I realized that I
>> didn't know how/where to do it.  I assume there's a link
>> somewhere at www.python.org, but I haven't had a chance to look
>> yet.
>
> It's already reported to the bug tracker:
>
> http://www.python.org/sf/210599
>
> Apparently, this has been around since 1.5.2. It's in fact
> also in the feature request PEP right now:
>
> http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0042.html
>
> and it's listed as a "Big" project under the "Standard
> library" heading. I assume we're going to have to live with
> this for a while yet...

Oh.

I've got no complaints about the way things work, I was just
going to suggest changing the documentation to correctly
describe the way things work. Too mundane a solution?

It seems a bit odd that we've known the documentation is wrong
for 6 years and nobody's bothered to fix it.  Or is the
documentation describing how we wish things would work
regardless of whether they work that way or not?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  It's today's SPECIAL!
                                  at