merits of Lisp vs Python

Michael Livshin usenet at cmm.kakpryg.net
Mon Dec 11 11:33:00 EST 2006

Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes:

> Nobody seems to concerned that Haskell lacks macros.  What's up with
> that?

Haskell is lazy, so it doesn't need macros (well, it would be more
accurate to say that by not evaluating function arguments until they
are needed it makes many of the usual macro usecases moot).

lazyness has a nontrivial cost, however, both runtime and cognitive.

hoping he's not answering a rhetorical question,
--m

--
I'm on a seafood diet -- I see food and I eat it.           -- anonymous