Why not just show the out-of-range index?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Thu Dec 7 09:47:51 EST 2006

>> - because error messages are not debugging tools (better use unit
>
> Then what are they? Machine-generated poetry?

 >>> me.__cmp__(gruntbuggly['freddled'].micturations,
bee[LURGID].gabbleblotchits[PLURDLED]) == 0

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
VogonPoetryException: Bleem miserable venchit! Bleem forever
mestinglish asunder frapt!

Nah...Exceptions aren't poetry...they're programmer insults akin
to "You fool!  How could you have let this happen!"  And if
things are really bad, exceptions call you "silly" :*)

-tkc