Non-exhaustive file reads

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Sat Dec 2 23:13:12 EST 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-02 at 20:00 -0800, Paul Rubin wrote:
> Fredrik Tolf <fredrik at dolda2000.com> writes:
> > mode, but nowhere can I find any information about how to enable
> > non-blocking mode in Python.
> >
> > Can anyone provide me with any information on how to accomplish this?
>
> In Linux you'd use fcntl.  Some other discussion can be found on the
> web:

I was looking for os.fcntl() without finding it, but now that you
reassured me, I found the fcntl module instead.

However, I also found os.read() in the process, which might be a better
alternative (since I can just use it normally like in C without setting
extra fd flags or anything).

Thanks!

Fredrik Tolf