I/O Multiplexing and non blocking socket

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Dec 1 17:07:37 EST 2006

Bjoern Schliessmann wrote:
> Salvatore Di Fazio wrote:
>
> > Thank you guys, but I would like to use the standard libraries
>
> Then I suggest you read a good book about Unix programming,
> especially about the workings of read(), write() and select(). If
> you've understood this doing it with python's read/write/select
> will be easy.
>
> Everyone may choose to reinvent the wheel :)

Or use Python's standard library features:

http://docs.python.org/lib/module-asyncore.html
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-asynchat.html

I have to confess, however, that I did reinvent the wheel recently
rather than use asyncore, although I may adopt that particular wheel
later on in the project concerned.

Paul